Thursday, November 5, 2009

Current personal holdings and why

I own Dendreon (DNDN) and Micron Technologies (MU) in my personal fund.

Dendreon has a solid research team with a new drug before the FDA. Provenge treats prostate cancer and will generate sales growth similar to the Gardasil vaccine for HPV/cervical cancer. The drug has passed its research tests and is now in the final application process. I expect Dendreon to be acquired by a larger pharmaceutical - AstraZeneca (AZN) is rumored to be a candidate.

Micron Technologies is a manufacturer of chips for a variety of devices. I like their niche in the smartphone sector, an area that I believe will see substantial growth as competition ramps up. I believe the company has become undervalued for the long-term due to a crash in technology investing throughout the recession.

I will continue to discuss these in more detail as time goes on, but they are the focus of my current investing.



No comments:

Post a Comment